_ _ _ _ _ _
| | (_|_) | (_) |
| | ___ _ _| | ___| |
| |/ _ \| | | |/ / | |
| | (_) | | | <| | |
purveyors of fine, internet-related kipple since 1985.
. » p » misc » food » thanks-giving-lentil-loaf.txt
- 1 medium onion
- 1 large carrot
- 1 large pepper
- 2 stalks of celery
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 3/4 c. of lentils
- 3/4 c. of bulgar wheat
- 3 1/3 cups of water
- 1 table spoon of cumin
- 1 table spoon of tumeric
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder (or more; I like things spicy)
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- salt to taste
I was originally following this lentil loaf recipe,
but parted my separate ways when I realized I didn't have most of that stuff (nor can I eat Tamari or the like).
- dice onions, carrots, & celery.
- sautee the onion
- just before it's carmalized, add the carrots & celery.
- sautee for 5 to 10 minutes, stirring constantly
- add the water & lentils
- cook until lentils & veggies are soft
- puree the veggie & lentil mix until chunky-smooth
- add the Bulgar Wheat, stirring constantly as the Bulgar starts to soften
- Add herbs, spices, and salt
- place in a meatloaf pan with parchment paper
- top the loaf with juliened peppers.
Lojikil's Programmer Notebook |